- Managed Services
Welcome to our careers page where you’ll be able to find all our current vacancies. If you would like to apply for an open vacancy or send in your CV for future consideration, please contact us via email: email@example.com. We have an internal team who manages our recruitment, so we politely ask for no agencies at this time.
Job Position: Sales Executive (Part time)
Reporting into: Client Services Director
Scholar is a technically led Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Managed Services Provider (MSP), providing colocation, connectivity, cloud hosting and managed infrastructure services to clients in the UK and internationally.
The role of the Sales Executive is to proactively generate new business leads and interest via telephone, email and online. A confident and clear telephone manner is required, as you will be one of the front of house staff taking sales calls and enquiries, as well as making outbound calls to new business prospects.
As this is a part-time vacancy we are ideally looking for someone who is available 2-3 days a week initially.
Desirable experience and skills:
• Excellent communication skills (written, face-to-face and presentation)
• Confident telephone manner and call handling
• Tenacity and can-do approach to problem solving and hitting business goals
• Building and managing new business pipelines and proven track record of hitting new business targets
• Positive and friendly mannerism and management style
• Experience of working in the tech/cloud industry
Training and mentoring will be given as a part of your induction. In return we need someone with the tenacity to learn new skills and to deliver an excellent service to our clients and new business prospects.
If you’re interested in applying for the role of Sales Executive, please contact Liz Batley, Client Services Director, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholar Web Services Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Job Position: Mid/Senior Systems Engineer (Multiple Vacancies)
Reporting into: Technical Director
Scholar is a technically led Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Managed Services Provider (MSP), providing Colocation, Connectivity, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Infrastructure Services to clients both in the UK and internationally.
The Systems Support Engineer role will be working as part of the Systems Engineering team, and will be responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of client and Scholar systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience of Linux, as this will be the primary technology you will be supporting. However, a personal interest in Linux will be considered and training will be available to the right candidate. While not the primary focus, experience of Windows based environments is also desirable.
You will be responsible for helping to manage Scholar’s Support Desk; ensuring all tickets are responded to within SLA and liaise with different members of the team to schedule and troubleshoot client support issues and tasks. The role will also include working with the technical team on various support tasks, projects and internal system administration tasks. You will be working on internal and customer facing systems, which include high profile clients with 24/7 business critical infrastructure.
The role will be structured but varied and Scholar is looking for an individual with passion for new technology, an impeccable attention to detail and the drive to continually develop their technical skills.
Experience of the following technologies and skills are highly desirable:
• Web and Database Server stacks (Linux, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PHP)
• Linux Administration & Scripting experience with Open Source technologies
• Revision Control Systems such as Git and SVN
• Network Experience – Familiarity of Firewalls, Load Balancers
• Experience with Internet technologies – DNS, IP Addressing Schemes
• Fundamental understanding of networking and the TCP/IP stack
• Experience with working with high uptime and 24/7 critical business infrastructure
• Experience with virtualisation platforms, including VMware and KVM
Experience of the following technologies would be beneficial:
• Familiarity with Cloud Platforms, such as AWS
• Familiarity with networking hardware, specifically Cisco
• Familiarity with storage arrays and RAID
• Any experience of automation and DevOps
In return Scholar offers a progressive and varied role. You will be working with a range of different technologies and you will be part of the team managing Scholar’s Network and other services. You will be part of an on call rota for Managed Services clients, which is shared amongst the technical team.
You’ll be primarily office based, but will have opportunity to travel to Scholar’s colocation datacentres to carry out maintenance and install new infrastructure.